The other day I had an amazing day for year sixes. We did many activities to help learn more about the children at our school but at a different campus. We did activities such as The News Paper Tower, tower building, My Brain and Planking computation. 

In the News Paper Tower we had to work as a team only using newspaper and tape. We started with 2 minutes to plan out what we were going to do. Then we had ten minutes to create out tower. We ended up changing our plan when we started. We made the paper into cones and taped them together. We worked really well together and was one of three teams who’s towers were still standing at the end. Sadly 1 minute after we finish it slowly started falling down. Even though ours fell we worked really well together. 

The next activity we did was the tower building. We only were aloud to use 6 cups, 2 elastic bands and one pease of string (about 1 meter long). That might sound easy but you weren’t allowed to touch the cups so we had to use the elastic bands and string. My group used collaboration and reliance. We used collaboration by working really well together and used reliance because our tower kept falling over. Unfortunately our tower was not the tallest but we took away for that was teamwork.

One of the teachers talked to us about how our brains work (which I did not really enjoy). I didn’t enjoy this activity because I don’t really enjoy learning about our brains. She thought us about when we move into our stretch zone and we had to think about when we have moved into our stretch zone. 

Planking composition was about what team could plank for the longest. If you got tired of planking we would yell out purple and  another teammate would switch with you. We did not win because you had to have 6 people planking at once but at one stage we only had five. The PLA’S my team used were collaboration, courage, resilience and perseverance. I really enjoyed this active. 

I had an amazing day and can’t wait for it to happen again again next term!!! (I have some photos at the bottom)

What active did you like the sound of most?

If you were there did you have a good day?

Hope you enjoyed! 😆